Thursday, February 17, 2011

February, where did you go?

Seems like this month is just flying by.  We are still doing basketball every Monday night...practice: 5pm, game: 5:30pm.  He's doing a lot better.  Getting the hang of it...some nights.  Then on other nights, he starts guarding his man, and I think "Wow, he knows what he's doing!" and then they break out in a game of chase like there isn't a basketball taking place.  Yeah.  But he's had 2 game in a row where he's made a basket (made 2 baskets in each of his last 2 practices).  Coach has been working with him on putting a little hop in his throw...it's quite fun to watch (that's the pic below).


He's still enjoying it, so that's a plus.  Not sure what the next activity will be...gymnastics, karate, dunno.



Bought Candyland for him as a surprise.  He's never played it and (confession) neither have I.  So, we played in the living room floor and he won...2 games in a row.  He was quite proud and I was left wondering if I was damaged in childhood by not playing it then.  I have never played Chutes and Ladders, so I may be doomed.


Baking, baking, baking...I've been on a cupcake kick lately.  Made these for Valentine's Day.  Made a mini-version, too, for work. 

So, far that's it for FEB.

Hope everyone is doing well.

2 comments:

Kayla said...

Cute pics...your cupcakes are looking very professional - tell me again why you moved? I'd like to be enjoying some cupcakes or oreo truffles or anything else you may dream up :)

Amber said...

Yummy! Those cupcakes look delicious!

The basketball pics are so adorable. I also can't believe February is over, but I'm glad, too! I'm ready for spring!