
Do you ever wish you could resort back to being a kid and just sticking your fingers in your ears if you didn't want to listen to someone? I did this weekend...or at least wanted to. We took Cooper to the park. Went from the climbing wall to the slide then to the swings. There was a little boy there trying to get up in a swing. So, I picked him up and tried to put him in, but he was too big for the swing (one of those bucket-seat one). Another lady walked up, I assumed she knew him from the familiar way she talked to him. She told him to go get his mom to help him find a swing he could play on. The little boy threw a fit and laid down in the dirt crying. Some people came over and picked him up and started brushing him off and looking for injuries. The lady who had spoke to him, just stood there, so I said, "He didn't fall down or anything...he was upset because he couldn't swing." They brushed him off and sent him to play. Well, then another kid comes over to the swings....same thing....asked me to put her in the swing. Before I could tell her to get her mom (she was too big for it, too), Ms. Busy-Body starts talking to the little girl clearly for me to hear, "You need to go get your mama, we can't be responsible for you...your mama might want to sue us or hit us or something." I told Sean to get Cooper out of the swing and let's go....I didn't want to explode in public. Yeah, yeah....I know it's probably not the smartest thing to do...but I've always been that way, helping out kids at the park and whatever. I just got ticked at that woman "telling" me how to act. Wasn't her kids....who by the way were standing barefoot on top of the monkey bars...she probably has 911 on speed-dial. Ok...done venting now:)
2 comments:
that smurf is so cute! and i hate when other adults are just in your business and stuff for something so trivial. and being a 911 dispatcher, she prolly does have 911 on speed dial.. lol
oh no...I would have been HOT too if someone said that...what a nerd! Tanya...I'm linking you up as one of my blog buddies...hope that's ok!! have a grat weekend!
Post a Comment