Monday, November 19, 2007

...and they live on!














I have been SO blessed to have a best friend with 2 little boys older than mine....hand me downs galore!!!!!!!! I seriously haven't had to buy much at all for Cooper, clothingwise. Ashley's boys are 3 and 7, so it's like a clothing jackpot! I'm very lucky, too, because Ashley's got GREAT taste. I get compliments all of the time on how cute Coop's little outfits are....very cool.

It means SO MUCH to me that she hands them down to him. Unless you're a mom, you would never understand the emotional bond you can make with your kid's clothes....they are full of memories and feelings....sometimes to a fault. I remember crying when I packed up the first batch of Cooper's little clothes he'd outgrown. I felt silly blubbering over his little onsies and socks, but I couldn't help it. Ashley is the same way. It litearlly hurts her to see her kids growing up. It's painful to watch HER watching old home movies of her babies:)

So, Ashley.....THANK YOU for sharing these treasures with me. They are so appreciated and loved. YOU ROCK!

(The pics are of Julian, 7 now, and Cooper. They were both about 2 1/2 in these pics.)

2 comments:

Deanna G. said...

hey t! i've been so absent, but omg, i love coming to your blog and seeing coop's cute pics :) omg, that's so awesome that those clothes get maximum use! especially since kids grow up (and out of clothes so quick)!

happy turkey week :)

Jude said...

oh my gosh.
why did you have to make me cry?!
oh my god.
thank you for this.
really.
its such a relief knowing they really do live on.
i owe you a big ole email.
i hope you are settling in, and everything is happy.
i love you.
:o)

aw