
Friday night Mel bought pizza and we all had dinner and Thomas the Tank Engine birthday cake. Coop opened his presents from us and then we hung out in the living room.
Saturday morning I packed a suitcase for the family and surprised the boys with a secret trip. I didn't tell them where we were going until we pulled in the driveway.
Sean's always taking me places I want to go, so I thought I'd take him somewhere just for him... Coop had fun, too. We looked at clothes and camping supplies. Sean LOVES to go camping....me, never have been and am trying really hard to never go:) I'm sure Coop will love it eventually.
Afterwards, we went back to the hotel and unpacked, settled in until dinner. We drove around to see what new place we could try. We ended up at the Dixie Cafe. We'd seen them before, but never tried it. It's really similar to the menu at the Cracker Barrell. I mentioned to the waitress that we'd never been there before and that we were celebrating the guys' birthdays. A few minutes later the manager came out and introduced herself and gave us a gift certificate for our next visit. She also told us that she'd like to take care of dessert for us. Very impressed. So, I had catfish...Sean had dumplings and catfish...Coop had grilled cheese and fries. By the time dessert rolled around, Sean was stuffed, but Coop and I still had a little room left. Cooper had blue vanilla ice cream w/sprinkles. The ice cream turns your tongue blue! He loved it. The waitress went and found a mirror for him to see it himself. I indulged in Turtle Cheesecake...heaven on a plate! Cheesecake, pecans, chocolate and caramel sauce w/whipped cream....should be illegal!
After dinner, Cooper took a bath in the hot tub. He thinks those are the best...a swimming pool in your own room!
The next day was Sean's actual birthday. We got up too late for breakfast at our hotel, so we headed to Braum's instead.
After breakfast I asked Sean if there was anything special he wanted to go for his birthday. He said he wanted to go see this sculpture at the ORU campus, so that's what we did.
Sean had seen them when he was younger and lived in Oklahoma with his parents. His dad was interested in wood work/carving and had made a pair of hands very similar to the sculpture. It's an awesome sight in person, very serene, very calming. I've been there before to take pictures, but it was really nice going there with Sean and Cooper.


Headed back to Mannford for a lazy day at home, relaxing. Sean grilled burgers and I worked on his cake...a 4 layer chocolate cake. By the end of dinner and after eating that cake, everyone was FULL and ready for a nap!
It was a great day, a great weekend, 2 great birthdays, 2 great guys!
1 comment:
hey tanya! omg, coop is getting SO SO big! 3...... already!!?! haha.
Happy birthday to your boys :) Looks like yall had fun!
Post a Comment