Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Weekend Update

A little late, but it's here. 

Spent some time at the library with Coop on Saturday.  If you haven't been to your public library lately...go.
I do not understand why so many people don't/won't use this resource.  I don't buy many books anymore...maybe a magazine here or there, but no books.  I'm too cheap now I guess, don't have that kind of budget.  I can't see paying for something I'll read once.  I check out great books, read 'em and take 'em back.  No clutter in my home...no books to give away.  Easy.  At our library you can rent DVDs, too...new releases, oldies, kids, documentaries, how-to's.  So, I hardly rent movies anymore.  They have CDs to check out...good stuff...new...old...everything.  Yep, I hardly buy CDs.  This place saves me a lot of $.  We love to just go there...wander through the tons of books, explore.

Our library- Jackson Parish Library


Also, another favorite past-time, made some cupcakes.  Chocolate w/chocolate icing and mini M&Ms.
Coop was impressed....but you could put M&Ms on anything and his eyes would light up:)


Took the kid to Lincoln Parish Park.  Really nice place.  He praticed his casting, but wasn't too interested after casting about 15 times and not catching anyhing:)  Not quite sure what he would do if he DID catch something.  Drove around, took alot of pictures...nice.




2 comments:

True to Mel said...

Difference lies in the sizes of libraries. Small town...small library. Everything is awesome. lol For instance, West Palm Beach (1.2 million population) or even where I was in WA (population of 88,000)...you never could find anything. Waiting lists were ridiculous (we're talking a year or more!) Even where I am now...semi-small town of 50K...waiting lists are a few months long. So appreciate the gold mine that you have...even if it does take away from people in my field of work! ;-)

Kayla said...

I definitely need you to come back to visit and give me a cupcake decorating lesson - they look fantastic!