I'm so proud of my kid! He had his kindergarten graduation ceremony Tues. He was excited, because he was one of the chosen to stand in front of the audience and recite part of the kindergarten poem (each couple had a letter of the word 'kindergarten'). His line was "N is for numbers. We know 1-2-3!". He grinned from ear to ear when he saw his parents and his Nana and Poppa in the audience.
They did a slideshow of pictures of all of the kindergarten class:
After the ceremony we went back to their classroom to get his certificate of graduation:
Cooper and Mrs. May
We then went to the school gym to have refreshments, hence the kool-aid grinning kid:)
We are celebrating this weekend. He gets to pick where he wants to have his graduation dinner and then we're off to find a new Cars2 toy he's just dying to have.
So hard to believe this school year is over (today is his last day). Flew by, really. I got really sad when the teachers were thanking certain moms for helping out in class and on field trips. I always wanted to be that mom....just like my mom was for me. Hopefully after we move closer to work, I'll be able to do some of that stuff.
1 comment:
Through kindergarten already - time is flying!
Hope he picks something good for his special dinner...Reese would pick Chinese Buffet for sure :)
I hope you can be THAT Mom sometime soon too.
Post a Comment