Sunday, March 23, 2008

Our Blessed Easter Weekend

Wow...what a full 2 days we've had this holiday weekend. Where to start.

Well, Saturday we went and picked up Coop's 1st Easter present...a floppy earred bunny. Sean's mom and step-dad got it for him (they asked us first...and for some reason we said it was okay:) I've never had a pet rabbit, so I have to get used to it. When we picked it up, I held it first. They said, "Hold his back legs and lay him on his back and cradle him like a baby...but for sure hold on to his back feet." I guessed since they stressed holding his back feet so much, maybe I should for sure do so. All went well...until our cousin held him. She was trying to get him re-situated and didn't hold his feet as tightly as she should. He kicked and kicked and scratched her arm and landed on the ground. Before he could take off, we caught him. We figured it would be best to put him back in his cage, get him ready for the ride home. After the kicking assault the rabbit gave, I decided on his name....Bruce Lee Williams. Anyone who can kick like that, deserves a kick a$$ name. So, now he's Mr. Bruce, Bruce Bruce, Brucie.


Later that evening we entertained 3 teenagers. Our cousins, Alyssa (13) and Stevie (15), and Stevie's friend, Nathan, came over. We played video games and grilled burgers. Cooper was having a blast hanging out with the older kids. They gave him a video game controller (minus the batteries) and he sat on the couch with them saying, "I play game! I play game!", too cute!

I boiled eggs next. We covered the table with plastic and then got the dyes ready. I bought the set that came with individual cups (highly recommend these for EASY clean up). We sat Cooper in his booster seat so he could help. Other than Cooper spilling the yellow dye, it went really well and we ended up with some cool eggs.

The kids ended up staying the night. So when we woke up Easter morning, I passed out candy and Coop got his basket. Even though he's 2 1/2, this is his 3rd Easter (he was born Aug '05). He didn't really 'get it' until this year. He loved his basket. I tried to fill it with all of his fav characters...Sponge Bob, Dora and Diego, Bob the Builder. I plan on using this green basket each year. My mom did the same thing for me...same basket, different filling:)

That afternoon we went to Grandma Williams house for lunch. Instead of the traditional smoked ham and all the sides, Uncle Steve grilled burgers, hot dogs and chicken. I was really nice, kinda like a picnic/family reunion. Good grub. While we were there, Cooper got his 2nd Easter present (again from Grandma and Papaw), a little peddle operated motorcylce. It's too adorable. It's his first non-sit and scoot ride, so he's learning how the peddles work, but he loves it. It's seat is adjustable, so he's suppose to be able to ride it for a few more years.

It was a really pretty day, so we took advantage of it. Grandma Williams has these 2 old school horses in her yard. One's broken, but Cooper (and his Daddy) gave the other one a work out while cousin Alyssa climbed a tree. Sean said that tree has been climbed by many a kid:)

Hope everyone had a blessed Easter!

1 comment:

CDL said...

He looks so cute!