I'm constantly thinking of things I want to change about my life, myself...the world around me. Acting on it is where I fall short a lot of the time. I always think "I'll do that someday...", always putting things off, thinking I've got plenty of time. But who knows how much time they have...no one.
I sat and watched the 9/11 documentary 102 Minutes That Changed America. I felt obligated to do so, out of respect for the people involved. The whole time I was thinking about how fleeting life can be. Nothing on the news has ever effected like the images of people leaping out of the buildings. Those people has no idea that they would be trapped in a burning building due to a terrorist attack; how could they. That makes me want to live every second of my life to the fullest...to spend as much time with my son as possible...to make sure I tell my husband I love him even more.
This afternoon, I took Sean and Coop to a grocery store I like to go to. They had never been with me, so I was excited to show it off to them. They have an awesome Deli, so I was sure Sean would want some ribs or baked chicken or something. He wasn't as impressed as I thought he should be, so I pouted. It seemed like such a big deal then, but now, I feel pretty stupid. I sulked almost all of the way home, until Coop said something funny and made us all laugh.
Then later today I went to my fav scrapbooking site, SIStv. I found this article about a lady that I didn't really know, just knew "of":
Police: Light-runner caused fatal crash
A 41-year-old woman was killed Friday in downtown Dallas when her vehicle was hit by a driver who ran a red light, police said.
Aleida Franklin of Lewisville died at Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas less than an hour after the crash, which occurred at 7:15 a.m., according to the Dallas County medical examiner's office.
According to investigators, the woman's vehicle was hit on Olive Street near Woodall Rodgers Freeway.
The driver, Amy Allen, 22, was being held at the Dallas County Jail on suspicion of negligent homicide. The investigation is ongoing.
Her husband posted on her blog to let everyone know what had happened. He said that she had left for work, but then he got a call and her cell number popped up. He thought it was her calling but it was someone from the hospital staff telling him to come to the ER immediately. His boss took him there, but his wife was already dead. They have a 2 year old and 6 year old. I couldn't help but imagine this happening to me and Sean, both scenarios...him losing me, me losing him. I honestly believe that things happen for a reason, but it's so hard to fathom what that could be when the pain is so fresh. I never want my husband or son or my friends and family to doubt my love for them.
So, if you read this...
I LOVE YOU!!!!
1 comment:
hey t, i read abt this on one of the message boards too. :( so sad. just like that. very touching post.. hope all is well :) xo.
Post a Comment