Most of you know Sean was having some health problems that caused him to be off work for awhile. It's been hard on him trying to find a job with the limitations his doctor put on him, so when he got a call from an old employer, he was curious. He worked for this company when we were in El Dorado, Arkansas. They have a branch office in Tulsa and are looking for someone to do sales. He talked to them Monday and they asked him to come back today (Tues). He did and they offered him the job, he starts on Monday, the 6th! We've been praying for something to come along and it finally did.
I'm still working at US Beef Corp (Arby's). I take care of the customer service department basically. I answer the calls and emails that come in. Everybody says I'm a natural at my job...I don't get flustered or irritated with all the calls/emails I get with people complaining. It can be pretty negative, but you have some good calls, too. Today though, I hung up on a guy...twice! He was complaining about a menu change we made, really letting me have it. I couldn't get a word in, so I let him rant and get it out. Then he started dropping the F-bomb. I broke in and told him that I would do what I could to help him, but he would need to refrain from that type of language. He then started in on my, personally..."I know you cuss when you get mad!". I told him, "Well, I don't when I'm trying to be professional and get my point across". He started up again, f-this, f-that....so I said, "Thank you sir, have a nice day" and hung up. He called back a few minutes later, I'm sure thinking we had a panel of people to answer calls...nope, you're stuck with me. As soon as he figured out it was me, he was mad, f-this, f-that....this time I just hung up, no warning. He didn't call back. I told my boss, "You might get a call saying I hung up on a caller". My boss said, "Well, if YOU hung up on them, I'm sure it was called for". :)
Last weekend we drove into Tulsa and I finally had my camera with me. I've always said I wanted to just stroll around downtown and take pics, well, we drove around and took pics instead. Such a pretty city. I want to get out again and take more pics!
Cooper is talking so great...picking up things left and right...telling me about things I had no clue he knew. It's just amazing. He's so much fun...full of so much life. He makes me want to be a better parent and person. A good friend of mine just adopted a baby girl. I've been really thinking about how much fun it would be to have more than one...of course there are pros and cons, but I've been thinking about it anyway. I can't imagine paying daycare for 2 kids, that's for sure! Maybe I just need to watch some old home movies and get it out of my system...or watch Jon and Kate Plus Eight!!
1 comment:
i swear, coop's eye lashes get longer every time you post :) heh.
so happy for you and sean! things totally work themselves out.
awesome pics t. thanks for the e-mail too :) xo!
Post a Comment