Sunday, November 23, 2008

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

After a couple of friends told me they put their trees up already, I decided we should, too. Why not get an extra week or so of Christmas cheer, right? So we loaded up yesterday and went to find a new tree. Our tree last year was a white one we'd used for a few years, but it didn't make the last move, time for a new tree. I got a regular green one this time, kept the same ornaments. Cooper found a Thomas the Tank Engine ornament at the thrift store the other day. He was so excited. Anyway, got the tree and Cooper was super stoked to help.

Before we started with the tree, we ate dinner and then I looked up some Christmas songs to make a playlist to listen to while we decorated later. Sean made hot chocolate while I did some laundry and Cooper watched A Nightmare Before Christmas. Then we pulled out the Christmas decor. Cooper was quite the helper this year. He was great at hanging the ornaments, pretty good at placement, too.




It was a lot of fun getting the tree put up. We still need a new topper for the tree. I usually make a bow to put on top, but decided to finally get a topper to keep and use each year. Sean has been given the task of finding the perfect topper for the tree. (Cross your fingers...I'll keep you all posted! I'll put up a pic as soon as the tree is 100%)


Here are a few pics for fun:



This year




Last Year 2007


Christmas 2006


1st Christmas 2005 (3 months old)













1 comment:

Deanna G. said...

i adore all the pics :) little coop makes me laugh... especially that first one.

im still on the fence about a tree... maybe we'll go hunt for one this weekend.

happy thanksgiving t ;)