Saturday, November 29, 2008

So Very Thankful

You know, it's really easy to fall into a pattern. Day by day, week by week...just getting by, living the life you know. Then once, or twice a year if you count Christmas, you think of others who are less fortunate and want to help. At least this is how it has been for me. Sure, I donate clothes and toys to Goodwill or a shelter now and then, but I never really have thought about what that means, or how it affects someone. I'd really like to become more hands on, do something other than the holidays. I saw something on Oprah the other day about "adopting" a local shelter and was very inspired. I mean, even if I just help a few people, that's better than none. I want to teach Cooper to be giving and thoughtful. so what better way that to teach by example.

I guess the Thanksgiving holiday got me all stirred up....and I'm glad. Any suggestions, or stories about your own personal quest to make a change are welcome!

We celebrated Thanksgiving here in Oklahoma. Wednesday, Sean had lunch with Cooper and his friends at daycare. Cooper made a bunch of "art" to bring home...pictures he colored of Tom Turkey and leaves he watercolored. Too cute.
Thanksgiving Day we spent at Sean's grandma's house here in Mannford. It was a really nice get-together, not too big, not too small. Sean fried a turkey (if you've never had one, you really should). His Uncle Steve smoked a big ham. There was SO much food to choose from. Cooper had never had cranberry sauce....this is his new fav. He ate his dressing with cranberry sauce and then came after mine. Usually his thing is sweet potatoes, but I think it's a close 2nd now.



I'm on my 3rd day of my 4 day weekend....gosh, it's been nice. I hope you all had a blessed holiday with you families as well.









1 comment:

Deanna G. said...

happy turkey day :) looks yumm!! everyone says fried turkey is good.. we gotta try this sometime :)

coop is so photogenic... he must get this from his ma ;)

xo!