I have to say, this was a pretty fun Christmas holiday. This was the first year Cooper really "got" the whole Santa thing. It came in very handy when he was misbehaving..."Now Cooper, Santa is watching you. You don't want to be bad, do you?". That worked...most of the time. The other day I was scolding him for something and he pointed his finger at me and said, "Santa's watching YOU, Mama!". Out of the mouths of babes, indeed.
We're working on our family traditions. We're a young family, not many holidays under our belt yet, but we want to have certain things that are "ours". This year we opened presents on Christmas Eve, then decorated cookies for Santa. Cooper had a blast!!! Next year I want to do a gingerbread house, or I saw a gingerbread train kit at a grocery store that was cute. The older he gets, I'm sure there will be new fun things to add to our traditions:)
So, then on Christmas morning, we woke up and reminded Cooper that Santa was suppose to have stopped by while he was asleep. He was gone in a flash!!! He ooooohed and ahhhhhed in amazement that Santa got the exact gift he had wanted and a few more he didn't even ask for. We watched the Christmas parade, too, something I always did as a kid.
After that we went to Grandma Dot's house for lunch. Sean fried a turkey again....it was yummy!
The original plan for Christmas was for Sean and Cooper to go to Louisiana for Christmas. I only had the afternoon of Christmas Eve and then Christmas Day off, so there was no way I could go. On Christmas Eve Sean got his truck stuck in the mud trying to help a guy that was already stuck. Another truck came along and got out the 1st truck, but couldn't budge Sean's truck. In the process of trying to pull it out, the chain broke and busted Sean's windshield and headlight and banged up the hood pretty good. We called a wrecker...the kind that pull out industrial equipment, cement trucks, etc....well, everything except Sean's truck. So, we had to give it a couple of days for the mud to dry a bit before they could give it another go. They got it out yesterday. It can't be driven with the glass busted, so it'll go for repairs next week. In the meantime, Sean and Cooper left for Louisiana today in our Jeep and I'm driving a rental.
So, now I'm home alone...it's odd, but probably past due:)
I hope everyone had a great holiday!
1 comment:
oh my t! glad the truck is out now! btw, i love the wreath on the front!
it's so cute that coop gets the whole santa thing. so cute.
i hear you abt the traditions and such. sounds like you folks had a great time! xo!
Post a Comment