Thursday, January 8, 2009

36 Years Young

I still have trouble wrapping my mind around the fact that I am 36 years old. I mean, I can do the math, it's just I don't feel like I've been on this planet that long. In my head I'm twenty-something. So, when I woke up Tuesday morning and thought to myself, "You're 36 today", I really had to think about it. Yep. It's true.
I went to work and was met by a sign in the lobby "Happy Birthday Tanya". Then there was this HUGE mylar baloon in the shape of a flower and picket fence behind my desk. The girls at the office had left me some goodies...a Pumpkin candle, scrapbooking stickers, scrapbook papers and a Hyacinth plant. Score.
So, Sean didn't actually tell me what we would be doing for my birthday, only said "Meet me and Cooper after work at the mini mall in Sand Springs". So I did. I went to Cato's and he told me to buy a new outfit for the next day. So I did...along with a few other things:) Then I followed him to my fav Chinese restaurant for dinner. He finally spilled the beans and said we were going to a hotel, so we needed to go to WalMart to pick up new stuff...make up...hairspray (all the things he forgot to pack:) After leaving there, I followed him again, but was confused, because the way we were going was towards home....no more hotels that way. Then he turns into the state park...it finally dawned on me. He had rented one of the cabins on the lake.






When we got there, he banished me to the other room while he got the table/cake ready. Cooper had already told me I had a pink cake in the refridgerator, so I was expecting pink with roses/flowers...girly....but instead, it was this:


Yeah, a pink birthday cake with wrestlers on it. I laughed SO hard...I think I scared everybody:) And no, he didn't find a cake like this. He decorated it with the wrestlers himself. Saw these little thumb wrestler puppets and thought they would look great on my cake.....and they SO did!!!!

It was nice to get away...2 nights he rented it for. But eventhough it was nice to get away, it was nice to go back home, too. This was the view on the morning we left.


Thanks to everyone who contributed in making this one of the best birthdays every, especially my hubby.


No comments: