This weekend couldn't have been any better. Honestly. We took Cooper to his first monster truck show and he had a blast! Neither Sean, nor I, are big fans of huge crowded events, but this was a piece of cake. The company I work for has their own seating section at the arena (http://www.bokcenter.com/), so my tickets were free...parking pass free...ground level parking directly across the street...no waiting in general admission line to get in...hello...1st class, baby! hahaha So, despite me being giddy because I didn't have to walk a mile to get there, Cooper was pumped up. We missed our turn getting there and had to circle the arena. On the backside is where their "loading" area is, so the monster trucks were all parked outside. He was speechless as we drove past, then became frantic, thinking we were leaving. So, we get parked, we walk across the street and go in. Cooper rode his first escalator....terrifying for me, but it was little kid/elderly people friendly....really long exit, so you didn't have to jump off right away. We get to the 2nd floor and Cooper is walking....no, speed walking, ahead of us. No idea where he's going, but he knows he's gotta hurry. We found our seats and a waitress comes up, gets our drink orders....no going to the concession stand....ah, the good life:) (Mind you, the good life comes with a price....2 sodas, 1 bottle of water, 2 bowls of popcorn...$27...but the tickets were free, that's what I kept telling myself:)
After that they introduced the drivers of the monster trucks. Then it was showtime! I had gone downstairs during the pre-show show to get some souvenirs. I got Cooper a t-shirt, pennant and earmuffs...couldn't just get the cheap pack of earplugs...not when they had these:
The show started with a local car club driving around the floor in their personal cars....girls of the club in short skirts, etc.
Yeah, you think he'd be happy to have them, nope. He only wore the $20 earmuffs for the picture. I tried them on and they are SUPER...can hardly hear anything. I'm thinking of wearing them around the house....all of the time! :)
So, now for the big show. They had 6 of the fleet of monster trucks that travel around. Gravedigger is by far the most popular truck and is Cooper's favorite, today. They had doughnut contests, wheelie contests, races and freestlye. The half-time show was put on my some motor cross riders jumping ramps. Pretty cool.
By the end of the night, Cooper was the happiest boy on the planet....and the sleepiest.
1 comment:
so you have a monster jam fanatic on your hands too huh?
gosh - monster jam as such a HUGE chunk of my life -
so glad you got to experience this with him.
and those headphones??!!
way rad!
when Jude loved it you couldn't ebay ANYTHING monster jam - but luckily for you - its everywhere now!!!!
i love you.
and i promise to have a couple boxes coming your way soon.
and an email.
thanks for loving me anyway.
bff.
aw
Post a Comment