
I have always thought Sushi was gorgeous, but I was always scared to try it. Being from South Arkansas, I didn't have much exposure to it, except for a few pieces sitting on a tray at various Chinese buffets. None of these looked appetizing, plus how long had they been there?, etc.
My boss goes to a place called the Sushi Train a lot. She told me that she wanted to take me when she found out I'd never had it before. So, today, she came up and asked if I brought my lunch...nope. So, off we went.

It's so cool watching them prepare this stuff...it's really food art! We sat in a booth right next to the train...yes, an actual train. It rides around on a little conveyor belt with the different plates following after it (similar to the picture, but not the restaurant I went to). The plates are covered with little plastic lids with. Some have a name on top with an ingredient list to let you know what you're getting, some don't. I assume those are for the seasoned Sushi eaters. My boss showed me what she liked, so I tried that first. Then I got adventurous and chose my own. Here's what I tried:
King Roll
Crab salad, fried shrimp, avacado, cucumber, asparagus, carrot and cream cheese.
This was a deep fried item, probably why it was my favorite.
C.K. Roll
Spicy tuna, shrimp tempura, cream cheese, green onion. Topped with avacado and 3 sauces.
This was good, don't think I cared for the tuna, but then again, not sure. There was a whole lot going on in this thing.
So, will I eat Sushi again...yes, yes I will. I'm thinking up receipes in my head right now! :)
1 comment:
Congrats on leaving your comfort zone! I love places like that - with the train on conveyor belt to serve yourself.
Post a Comment