Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Reason #518 Why Sean Isn't Allowed In The Kitchen

Well, it's usually due to the "wacky" food he prepares, like his (in)famous Egg Noodle/Cheese/Green Peas Surprise or his Fried Potatoes w/Pretzels, or the fact that the kitchen looks like he cooked for an Army rather than the 3 of us, that causes him to be banned from the kitchen area, but tonight he even topped that.
He warned me earlier today that he would be preparing dinner. (that means you should double up on lunch or have a really BIG breakfast:) So, I stood by like a good wife, tried not to interfere while he boiled his egg noodles and sauteed his cream of corn and fried his 'crushed cracker & milk' crusted new potatoes.
As I was walking past the kitchen, something caught my attention ... flickering...orange... yep...FIRE. His fried concoction was on fire. Flames were whipping upward toward the hood range. I stood back while Sean moved the pan from the stove to the sink (oh, and grabbed my camera...hey, there was nothing I could do:)

Finally the flame died down and all was well....well enough to eat that lovely meal he risked his life to prepare:)


Just for giggles tonight I dressed Coop in these PJs...





3 comments:

milkcan said...

LOL! I'm glad that everybody is okay! How funny!

Lori said...

Glad everybody is ok!!! Gotta say that is just too stinkin' funny!!

Courtney DeLaura said...

oh my gosh that is toooo funny.
glad he still has eyebrows :)

Courtney