Sunday, May 27, 2007

Whoa, Seabiscuit!!!


We got home from dinner around 7pm.

I got Coop out of the truck and Sean was heading up the steps to unlock the door.

All of a sudden we both look to the intersection of our street and see a horse running full blast with 2 little girls (couldn't have bee older than 8) on his back.

The reigns were dangling in front of him, so I have no idea how these little kids were hanging on.

We loaded back up as quick as we could as I dialed 911.

We followed the main road they were on.

We finally saw about 3 cars pulled over and one of the girls was being consoled by a passer-by.

I didn't see the other girl or horse anywhere.

I called 911 again to make sure they were aware and they were.

Policeman pulled up as I hung up.

We drove around the block; around this huge field where people were pointing.

We stopped and asked everyone we saw if they'd seen the horse. No.

Finally when we got back on the original street, the parents were with the police and heading to the hospital. Both little girls are fine, minus one tooth.

Sean got out and talked to the dad.

These kids are very use to riding; rode in the parade recently. While they were sitting on their horse, another little boy who was mad because he couldn't ride, slapped the horse on the back of the leg really hard and spooked the horse into a full-blown gallop.


As of 8:30pm the horse was still missing.

2 comments:

Allison Davis said...

omg...what a story and crazy experience. Thank goodness the girls were okay! Horses scare the crap out of me! Well I think they are pretty and all, but I don't think I could ride one! Maybe someone should slap the little boy on the butt!! :)

Allison Davis said...

okay, I just noticed the title to your post and it just made me giggle! lol