
So, it was 90degrees and the AC decided it needed a break....and quit on us yesterday afternoon. So, I called the maintenance man's number. He in turn called the AC repair man and had to leave a msg. A couple of hours later, called the maint. guy again. He in turn called the repair man again and left another msg...again. Needless to say....no AC for the night. I think I ate 6 popsicles...drank 2 sodas...3 glasses of ice water...uggh. Cooper wouldn't sleep in the living room with me....ended up all piled up in the bed with dad. Body heat galore! Cooper decided at 1am that he wasn't sleepy, he wanted to stand up in the bed and play. When I tried to tell him this wasn't gonna be happening...he screamed like I told him that Elmo was dead or something. After almost 2 hours of this, he finally passed out...as did I.
Now, Sunday morning arrives. I figure Coop will sleep in while I get ready and pack the diaper bag for a trip to Nana's house. Nope...he woke up bright-eyed and bushy tailed....like he's slept like a log. Hmmm. As I was getting ready, my phone rang. AC repair man....finally. He was on his way in a little bit. So, I opted to stay behind and the boys are now off to Nana's.
AC man arrived. Some do-hickey is frozen on the whatchamacallit...so run the fan for a couple of hours and let it thaw. Should run then. Wow...it's frozen, so that's why it's not COOL in the house. Hmmm...I don't understand and won't pretend I do. How on Earth could something be frozen when it's OUTSIDE in this HEAT!? Uggh....but it is, frozen like a block of ice. Amazing.
I've got about an hour 'til meltdown...so, I'll sip my ice water and move as little as possible.
2 comments:
Do you want to swap houses for a week? It's like winter here in the UK!!
ahhhh! i'm with you. i don't understand maintenance garble. the g asked me what the car people said and i was like, some tube connector thingy was broken. bwahhahaha. you're so hillarious, T! hope you had a good weekend.
Post a Comment